Mount Hira (Street Children School)
Mount Hira is a free school for the education and well being of the underprivileged children of our society.
S.C.S Summer Course 2012
A one-month Summer Course with 80 plus raw students who were previously beggars or rag-pickers was conducted by SCS in summer 2012. Now, these intelligent children can write alphabets and numbers, knows manners of eating, sleeping, going to the washroom etc. and have memorized a lot of duaas mashaAllah.
A charity school providing free quality education for out-of-school children was started in F-11, Islamabad. The mission of OSC school is to educate and inspire the under privileged children to become constructive citizens equipped with the required skills and high moral and ethical values. Visit the OSC School website.
This is a program which aims to provide basic Islamic education and training to girls/women of rural areas according to their intellectual capabilities and specific needs. Such programs are being carried out at various locations all over Pakistan.
Some of the highlights are:
- In Murree, about 1000 children are taught Nazra by 43 teachers.
- Al-Huda Karachi branch has worked tirelessly in 13 rural areas namely Thana Bhola Khan, Keti Bander, Gujju, Moro, Shah Murad, Sajawal, Ghora Bari, Badeen, Sakkar, Thar, Chor Jamali, Kadhan and Gharo.
- 200 women are taught Tajweed, Namaz, Taharat and duas.
- In Ramadan Fahm-Al-Quran classes are also conducted.
- Saut-Al-Quran course is being conducted at 4 places, while 60 people are enrolled in correspondence course.
- 300 children are taught Tajweed, Namaz and duas. They are also taught Urdu.
- Medical aid is given to patients and some are brought to Karachi for treatment in hospitals.
- Al-Huda bears the expense of fee as well as salaries for teachers.
- Fahm-Al-Quran (Sindhi) cassettes, assorted lectures and dua cards are distributed free of cost.
This program caters to the special conditions and situations of the residents of slum areas. Under this program, weekly Quran classes are arranged and Dora-e-Quran in Ramadan is carried out. Children are taught Tajweed, Nazra and Namaz as well as Urdu and Mathematics. In Ramadan, free ration is distributed. Flour and sugar are distributed on and off. Aid is provided under self support program and marriages of needy girls are arranged.
o Al-Huda institute, Karachi is carrying out social welfare work in 17 slum areas where a total of 200 women and 600 children are being educated.
o Al-Huda institute, Islamabad is educating children of two slum areas situated at Misrial Road Rawalpindi and Naswar Chowk, F-11, Islamabad.
A welfare center has been established in katchi basti, Miskeenabad. Click here for S